6.27.2013

Kori's Wedding!





Who: Kori
What: Kori's Wedding Makeup
When: Saturday, June 22


I'm so in awe of life's twists and turns and can truly say that I've had the privilege to go through some of those ups and downs with my friend Kori. Kori and I met while teaching in an extremely challenging school. Not only were test scores, district pressures, and student management daily battles, there were also the deeper issues of caring for our kids who so needed it, building positive relationships with them, and helping them to know they were in a safe classroom where they could learn and grow, regardless of what circumstances they were dealing with in their home lives. Did we care about our kids? Absolutely! Was it always easy? Absolutely not.

Our classrooms were right next door to each other, so there were many times of leaning on one another, VENTING, talking and trying to figure difficult situations or students out, collaborating, and just being there when the other was feeling super drained. When you go through such challenging situations with someone, you really see their true character and perseverance come out. You get a glimpse of who they are. Boy am I glad Kori was next door to me for those couple of years! As difficult as those years were, I met a lifelong friend. Someone I trust and know I can depend on if the going gets tough. I now it sounds so cheesy right?  Cheesy... but true!

I couldn't be more happy for Kori as we were able to be a part of her special day. What a genuinely awesome and exciting moment in Kori and Ian's life. Margaret and I were able to help Kori prepare for her wedding day. I cherished this past Saturday, especially during those moments right before the wedding since Margaret had also been at the same school and was a part of our team that final year we were all there. Everyone was busy happy in anticipation for the big day, but I kept on having these flashbacks to the most difficult days we spent together... and I couldn't help but smile thinking about where life had taken us.

Ian you must be a seriously good dude to have caught Kori's attention :) Onto the photos!




Before and After (Just putting on the final touches)



The Makeup Process
Browns filled in,  applying eyelid color, lining false lashes


Eyes closed, eyes open



Attaching real lashes to false lashes with mascara


Smile! Cream blush first, then set with powder blush


Photo courtesy Michael James Photography

Staining lips with a lipliner 


Hair by Margaret
Margaret did a fantastic job with Kori's thick long hair. Good job Mags!



I know right?!? Bet you couldn't tell how tall they were from the earlier photos. Super tall.

Happy Day! Congrats Kori and Ian!!!


Michael James Photography Gallery
A big THANK YOU to Michael James Photography who not only was a groomsman for the big day, but also the photographer! Amazing work, and stellar professionalism. What client doesn't appreciate beautifully captured quality photos back to enjoy... IN LESS THAN A WEEK!?! Michael I wish you and your wife were around when my husband and I got married. I would've wanted you as my photographer!

Of course I have to include some of the beautiful moments and details captured. Pleasepleaseplease, click here to read Michael's blog about this personal event for him. I love how both Kori and Ian's personalities jump out at you through these photos.
























1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post, Jo. You definitely hit the nail on the head--I would have never survived those challenging years without good friends so close and I'm so honored you helped me transform for my wedding day. Kudos to your talent and thank you Alex for the awesome photos!