7.22.2009

Summer Makeup Event Entry #1: The Beginnings

Entry into event
Photos by Alex Chow


Who: A whole bunch of girls...and a couple of guys :)
What: Jo Chow Summer Makeup Event
Where: San Jose, CA
When: Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yay! I'm finally getting to start posting entries about my first Summer Makeup Event! This was soooooo much fun and I can't wait to share with you in the next few days about everything that went into this and everyone involved that made it happen.

So what exactly was it?
Well, I had swimming in my head a ton of ideas that went something like this:
a) Practice techniques and skills on different faces, features (especially eyes), skin types, and skin colors
b) Figure out how the makeup would be captured on film
c) Have a chance to connect with other possible vendors for future opportunities for collaboration
d) Incorporate different iconic styles and hair
e) Include friends and family who have been supportive as models
f) Must have food and music
g) Have lots of fun


Sign with information for models


Who was involved?
1. Me: Makeup artist and host
2. Margaret: Hair
3. Pato: Photographer
4. Jen: Photographer
5. Honey: Supporter, Photographer, host, cook, + a lots of other things :)
6. Nine wonderful girls who let me do whatever I wanted to do with them AND let me document the process with photos (thanks ladies!)


Various products found on the makeup counter


How will these entries work?
Each day, I'll post photos of one of the models we worked on. It will include before and after photos, along with shots taken inbetween. Some turned out exactly as I hoped for...others reminded me I still need a lot of practice! :) Hopefully, these next entries will inspire you to be open to trying a new look, or just experiment with being creative!


Oogah-Boogah! Food!


I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to contact me if you would like to come in for a makeup application or lesson.

Thanks again to my other vendors who helped make this Summer Makeup Event happen! If you'd like to get in touch with any of the vendors listed above, you can click on their names and it should provide you with their contact information. Or, you can go to my website: www.jochowmakeup.com and click on the vendor link. That will also provide you with their contact information.


Dog of the house: Cody (Teehee - I just want to hug him)


Come back tomorrow for our first model: Carmel (Audrey Hepburn)

No comments: