2.06.2013

Audrey's Studio Portrait Makeup




(Photo courtesy Ken Lam @ kenlamstudios.com)

Who: Audrey
What: Studio Portrait Makeup
When: Saturday, January 19

I was so glad to be able to have my friend Audrey sit in my makeup chair several Saturdays ago! She's starting her photography business and needed her makeup done for her self portrait, perfect for including in her new website and blog. One of her friend's, Ken Lam, specializes in headshot photography. Audrey headed over to his studio once I finished her makeup. I'm so glad Ken was able to send me over a couple of his shots. They turned out great! Not only that, he was quick, friendly, and punctual with his e-mail replies.




Before and After (with glasses)



Before and After (without glasses)


Audrey wanted a minimal look. Clean and simple.

A few things we focused on to achieve this look:
    - Flawless complexion with my airbrush kit and matching foundation
    - Shape and darken brows
    - Enhance eyes with light contouring shadow and liner
    - Healthy glow with blush
    - Natural lips with slight dab of gloss


(Photo courtesy Ken Lam @ kenlamstudios.com)



One day, I'd like to be as skilled as Ken in taking photos and figuring out all the lighting, angles, and techniques that go into capturing a stellar shot. In the meanwhile, I'll continue having fun with making up faces! :)


Thanks for coming in Audrey!
 
 (Photo courtesy Ken Lam @ kenlamstudios.com)

No comments: